When it comes to movies – especially movies in the summertime – there are plenty of men who play "bad guys," but not so many women.
Because they’re so rare, great female villains are very special.
Here are some of the best female villains in film:
- Katharine Parker in Working Girl (Sigourney Weaver)
- Mystique in the X-Men series (Rebecca Romijn, Jennifer Lawrence)
- Regina George in Mean Girls (Rachel McAdams)
- Cruella De Vil in 101 Dalmations (Betty Lou Gerson, Glenn Close)
- Miranda Priestly in The Devil Wears Prada (Meryl Streep)
- Ursula in The Little Mermaid (Pat Carroll)
- O-Ren-Ishi in Kill Bill (Lucy Liu) (HuffingtonPost)