Fashion experts and stylists name their favorite trends for summer 2022.
- Say yes to daytime sparkles - Fashion stylist Shea Daspin says summer 2022 is all about embellishments. She’s a big fan of daytime sparkles and she recommends anything with rhinestones, sequins, and/or hologram.
- Bring on the beading - Adding to those embellishments, she also recommends anything with beading.
- Put on some platform heels - Trends from the Y2K era have been making a comeback over the last few years and celebrity stylist Cindy Conroy says platform heels will be hot for summer 2022.
- Accessorize with silk scarves - Wear them in a way that suits you best, suggests celeb stylist Lindsey Dupuis, whether that’s around your neck, ponytail or purse or woven through your braid or belt loops.
- Go bright - Move over Earth tones, bright colors, like hot pink, cobalt blue and yellow are taking over this summer, according to personal stylist Victoria Havlik.
- Show some skin - Stylist Liz Teich is most excited about skin-baring crop tops and says they can work on any body type and age if done right.
- Try on the Coastal Grandmother trend - This comfy-cute look is perfect for summer and stylist Grace Thomas says it looks great on everyone. “Think Diane Keaton in ‘Something’s Gotta Give,’” she says, adding that a perfect outfit in this style would be ivory linen trousers, a white tank or t-shirt and an oversized white button-up.
- Wear all-white everything - Professional stylist Erica Ball loves head-to-toe white for summer, calling it a “chic, effortless way to immediately elevate a look.”