Last night was Las Vegas night on "Dancing With the Stars" which meant there were even more sparkles and over the top routines than usual. Here's how the scores shook out:
- Nick Viall and Peta Murgatroyd: It's the same story in week three. Nick has great moments, but overall, he doesn't have any wow factor. At least he admits he needs work. Bruno Tonioli pointed out that Nick stomps a lot while Carrie Ann Inaba said he has a "regal presence." It looks like she has a crush. The couple got a 26.
- Mr. T and Kym Herjavec: Mr. T was roasted by Dean Martin in the '80s so he actually has a connection to the golden age of Vegas. Unfortunately, that didn't make him a better dancer. While he mostly stomps around, he sure does have a positive attitude. Mr. T and Kym got a 24.
- Bonner Bolton and Sharna Burgess: Bonner's injuries prevent him from doing any lifts, which Sharna is normally all about. Their chemistry couldn't save their Charleston and they too pulled in a 24.
- The Hough siblings then performed a routine from their upcoming tour. Derek and Julianne used the dance to express their parents' separation and how it shaped them.
- Heather Morris and Maksim Chmerkovskiy: Maks was out for another week, which meant Alan Bersten got yet another moment to shine. Their routine was super fast, super fun, and full of energy. The judges complimented the duo on their chemistry, which must have stung Maks. Heather and Alan got the first nine of the season and a 33 in total. Maks said he may be back next week.
- Charo and Keo Motsepe: Keo must have had a calming effect on Charo because not only does she think about how her insane behavior toward the judges might impact her votes, but she was actually elegant. Even the judges noticed Charo was getting out of her comfort zone. The couple got a 24.
- Simone Biles and Sasha Farber: For the third week in a row, Simone Biles proves how young she is, this time by saying she doesn't know the song "Viva La Vegas" or really know who Elvis is. Either way, Simone has plenty of energy, but not a lot of character. She and Sasha got the second nine of the night and a 32 overall.
- Nancy Kerrigan and Artem Chigvintsev: Nancy Kerrigan has arrived. After watching Artem completely fanboy when he got to meet Ricky Martin, the ice skater shined in her Samba. Len calls it the best dance so far this season and Julianne thinks it's one of the best Sambas ever on this show. Another nine is given out and the couple got a 33.
- David Ross and Lindsay Arnold: Lindsay used Vegas night to turn David into a "Magic Mike" level stripper. The judges praised him for diving into the theme and actually doing it justice. Lindsay and David got their highest score so far, a 31.
- Erika Jayne and Gleb Savchenko: Erika and Gleb left some of the sex appeal behind this week but when it came down to it, the dance was just too fast for Erika. While the judges complimented her legs, there were definitely some flaws in the routine. Erika and Gleb pulled in a 26.
- Rashad Jennings and Emma Slater: Emma knows Rashad has what it takes to win, but last night, the couple stumbled a bit. Their Samba was not nearly as good as Nancy's and everyone knew it. Rashad had swagger as always, but the dance got away from him. They got a 28.
- Normani Kordei and Val Chmerkovskiy: Just in case we forgot, Normani is in the midst of a crazy tour with Fifth Harmony and this week she and Val get to sight see in Hong Kong. Regardless of whatever jet lag they must be suffering, the couple managed to get the highest score of the night, a 34. Where in the world will Normani be next week? Who knows!
Nick and Peta were in jeopardy, but ultimately, Charo and Keo were sent home.
Here's how the leader board stands:
34: Normani Kordei33: Heather Morris, Nancy Kerrigan32: Simone Biles31: David Ross28: Rashad Jennings26: Nick Viall, Bonner Bolton, Erika Jayne24: Mr. T