Last night was Disney night on "Dancing With the Stars," but was the magic there for all our couples? Here's how the episode went down:
- Rashad Jennings and Emma Slater: It was not a great night for Rashad and Emma. After kicking butt last week, the couple's "Beauty and the Beast" Foxtrot didn't wow the judges. While there were no major mistakes, Len did see some problems with the footwork. They pulled in a 32.
- Nick Viall and Peta Murgatroyd: Nick really leaned in to his awkwardness this week by playing Pinocchio and his puppetry pulled in his and Peta's highest score yet: a 34.
- Erika Jayne and Gleb Savchenko: Erika and Gleb finally strayed a bit from their sexy streak with a "Finding Dory" Viennese Waltz. The dance was perfectly fine and the judges loved her lines. They got a 32.
- Heather Morris and Alan Bersten: Maksim Chmerkovskiy was out again last night but he did still choreograph the "Frozen" routine. Len said he expected more from a professional dancer, confirming that professional dancers shouldn't be on the show to begin with. Maks confirms he'll be back next week, so for Heather and Alan's last turn around the ballroom, they pulled in a 34.
- Bonner Bolton and Sharna Burgess: Bonner continued his yo-yo act, with less than impressive scores this week. While his dancing is acceptable, his and Sharna's "Wreck-It-Ralph" routine didn't have a lot of character. They got a 30.
- Normani Kordei and Val Chmerkovskiy: Normani is done traveling for a bit so she and Val got a lot of solid practice time. Donny Osmond sang his "Mulan" track "I'll Make A Man Out Of You" while the couple created some cool fight sequences. The judges loved the routine and Val continued his streak of doing well on Disney night. The pull in a 39, only one point short of a perfect score.
- David Ross and Lindsay Arnold: David and Lindsay had to do a routine to "Cars 3," which hasn't even been released yet. What's more, it was a Jive, which is not easy for an older guy to pull off. Regardless, David sure is likable. The judges gave the couple a 29.
- Nancy Kerrigan and Artem Chigvintsev: Nancy and Artem danced to "Enchanted" and Nancy just keeps getting better. Despite worrying about dancing with the younger troupe members, the former Olympian manages to be as lovely as ever. Nancy and Artem got their highest score yet with a 36.
- Simone Biles and Sasha Farber: Simone is almost as cheery as Laurie Hernandez was and she tells Sasha he sometimes overwhelms her. Can you blame him? This guy may finally win a Mirror Ball. Anyway, his intensity paid off last night- their "Moana" routine included plenty of acrobatics and beautiful dancing, along with a performance from the movie's star, Auli'i Cravalho. Simone and Sasha pulled in a 38.
Results were announced throughout the show, but we had to wait until the end to confirm that Erika and Gleb were going home. Next week will feature group dances and a Boy Bands vs. Girl Groups theme.
Here's the leaderboard as it stands:
39: Normani Kordei38: Simone Biles36; Nancy Kerrigan34: Nick Viall, Heather Morris32: Rashad Jennings30: Bonner Bolton29: David Ross