How to protect yourself against the Virginia flu outbreak below...
LYNCHBURG, Va. (WSET) - Liberty University sent a release to students on Wednesday expressing concerns over a widespread influenza outbreak on campus.
They ask that any students experiencing flu symptoms, to go to the Student Health Center.
Those symptoms include:
- Nasal congestion
- Body pain/body aches
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention explains that right now the flu is widespread in the state of Virginia.
To avoid the spread of germs and preventing illness they ask you follow these steps:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick and if you are sick, keep your distance from others to protect them from getting sick too.
- Stay at home when you're sick to help spreading your illness.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, it will help prevent those around you from getting sick.
- Washing your hands often will also help protect your from germs.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Frequently disinfect surfaces and home, work, or school especially when someone else is sick.
- Get enough sleep, be physically active, manager your stress, drink plenty of fluids, and eat nutritious food.