While a lot of us are overly concerned about how we look, especially when it comes to finding a mate, it turns out looks really aren’t everything. In fact, a new Planet Fitness Valentine’s Day poll finds that 92% of people say they prefer a partner with a good personality to one with a great body.
Overall, 81% of people say they are looking for a partner with a good personality, while 76% want one with a sense of humor, with a positive attitude (73%), and open-mindedness (62%) also important characteristics for a mate.
When it comes to qualities people find most important in a significant other, they include:
- How supportive they are (80%)
- How happy they are (77%)
- That they love unconditionally (75%)
- Whether they encourage their partner to be their best self (70%)
As for where folks would like to meet people, 57% would like to meet someone at a coffee shop, while 48% would like to meet them at a party (48%), with work (42%) and the gym (30%) also preferred options. And while these days a lot of people meet online, apparently that’s not really the most preferred way of meeting people, with only 25% of people saying they’d rather meet someone through a dating app.
Source: Yahoo Finance
- What is the most important thing you are looking for in a significant other?
- How important is looks to you when it comes to your partner?
- What are the qualities you find most important in a partner?
- Where did you meet your significant other? Do you wish you met them in a different way? Why?