Would you consider yourself a workaholic? A new survey revealed that 48 percent of working Americans consider themselves to be “workaholics.” And 28 percent of self-described “workaholics” say they have to work hard out of financial necessity.
More survey results:
- The average working American works four hours a week for free.
- The average employed American also spends an additional four hours a week just thinking about work.
- 53 percent of Americans said they were currently stressed out about work.
Top 10 Signs of a Workaholic:
- Prioritizing work before my personal life -- 54%
- Worrying about work on a day off -- 51%
- Struggling to switch off or actually working while on a vacation -- 50%
- Checking emails in the middle of the night -- 48%
- Being the first person to get to work and last to leave -- 46%
- Feeling pressured or too busy to take annual leave -- 46%
- Working through lunch -- 45%
- Feeling anxious or lost if you don't check in/know what's happening at work -- 45%
- Being told by friends/family you work too much -- 44%
- Checking emails first thing in the morning 39% ( SWNS )