Before children ...A recent survey asked parents what they missed most about their life before kids. Sleep, silence and sex were high on the list.
Here are the Top 10 Things Parents Most About Their Pre-Children Days:
- Sleeping in on the weekends
- A clean and tidy house
- Watching television in complete peace
- Leaving the house at a moment’s notice, without having to worry about a babysitter
- Spending money guilt free
- Having a shower or bath without being disturbed
- Date nights
- Going to the toilet without being disturbed
- Vacations/holidays that didn’t hinge on school breaks/terms
- Getting a full night’s sleep
More information: (Study Finds)
Speaking of having kids …A new study found that American women are timing their pregnancies so they give birth in the spring. According to the research, women working in the “education, training and library” fields are more likely to plan for spring births. Why? Because they can spend more time with their babies by going on maternity leave right before the start of their summer break.
More Here: (NY Post)
And one more story for moms …Kudos to Target, which has a breastfeeding policy for its stores that has gone viral. Their statement reads: “At Target, you are free to nurse wherever and whenever you like while you shop because we think #momsrock. But, if you would like a comfy (or more private) spot to nurse or change a diaper, please ask our Fitting Room Attendant about our Nursing Room!” The post was shared on theBreastfeeding Mama TalkFacebook page and has been shared more than 50,000 times. Target told NBC News: “Guests who choose to breastfeed in public areas of the store are welcome to do so.” (Today)