Will Smith documented his colonoscopy even though nobody asked to see it.
The 51-year-old actor joked,(quote) “You can’t get to 50 million followers on IG without showing your butt. So here I am, gettin’ a colonoscopy for the clout.”
Smith brought a video camera into the hospital and then doctors inserted a camera up his rectum.
Wise choice. Doctors discovered a “pre-cancerous polyp” and removed the growth. Smith concluded the17-minute video on YouTube, (quote) “'There's a certain amount of embarrassment involved with being healthy. You just gotta do it, man.'' (Us Weekly)
- The video is a public service of sorts. Early detection of colon cancer significantly improves your prognosis of a deadly disease.
- Doubtful the video would’ve seen the light of day had Will Smith been diagnosed with colon cancer.
- Women tend to listen to their bodies and visit doctors more than guys, who often ignore symptoms or “tough it out.”
- More people will seehis colonoscopythan who watched his last film,Gemini Man, that totally flopped.
- Scott Stevens is the same age as Will Smith and recently went through the same thing. However, Scott did NOT document his experience. LOL.