Does your purse feel like a bottomless pit that’s full of stuff you don’t actually use? You’re definitely not alone. Lots of us have to dig through old receipts, crumpled napkins and other random items to find what we’re looking for, but we still worry that when we take things out, we won’t have what we need, when we need it.
The thing is, our purses should be functional and this is a guide to what deserves a spot in your bag on a daily basis:
- Lip products - Even the tiniest purse should have room for your favorite lippie, whether it’s a lip balm, gloss or lipstick.
- Makeup for touch-ups - When you’re on the go, having blotting papers, mini mascara and concealer can really come in handy.
- Hand sanitizer - You need it before you eat, after you handle money and sometimes after touching gross things out in the world, so no purse should be without hand sanitizer.
- Hair ties - If you use them, go ahead and take the one off your wrist and stash it in your purse instead.
- Mints - If fresh breath is a priority in your life, a tiny tin of mints can be a lifesaver.
- A small notebook and pen - When you need to keep track of something and your phone isn’t charged, you’ll be so glad to have something to write on and with.
- Travel size fragrance - Whether it’s after-work drinks or an impromptu date or girls’ night out, you never know when you’ll want a spritz of your favorite fragrance.
- Feminine products - Having a little pouch for period products could help you or some other woman in need.
- Pain reliever - If you’re out shopping or enjoying a night out, a headache or cramps can ruin a good time, but having a small bottle of Tylenol or ibuprofen can save you.
Source: Evie Magazine
- And if you’re a mom, your purse probably also has a handful of Cheerios, a random doll and some loose crayons, too.
- I know women who use their purse as a holster for their gun!
- Your purse is supposed to be a crazy mess of trash you can never find anything in!